Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hello, Sunshine - Summer Morning Popovers



















 Everything goes with bacon. Have you ever noticed that? It's never really that difficult to put a fabulous breakfast together when you have bacon. It pretty much makes itself.
Oh, this wasn't supposed to be about that at all... I've gotten a little off track.
I was wanting to talk about popovers, but someone mentioned bacon, and that's the direction my brain went.
Sorry.
These are wonderful, easy and great for breakfast (if you're English, or just a fan of afternoon noms, these are great with tea.) although I have yet to have them with anything but butter and maple syrup, I'm told by the rest of my little family that they are amazing with honey and jam. Personally, I can't get over the syrup, so I'll have to take that at face value. 
Now, by all means, go out and buy a popover pan, they are just like muffins tins, only a little deeper. but why would you when you can use a muffin tin? They wont rise as much as they would in a popover pan, but really, you're only going to smother them with butter and jam (SYRUP!) so I have decided that it doesn't really make much of a difference.

3 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 Tablespoon butter, melted (more for buttering tins)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to degrees 375F. 
Rub melted butter into tins.
Whip eggs, milk and melted butter together until fluffy.
Add flour, a little at a time. Add salt.
Pour batter into tins until 2/3 full.
Bake for 30 - 40 mins. Serve warm with butter, jam and syrup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...