Monday, May 23, 2011

Tis the Season - Baked Eggs with Tomatoes & Spinach

Something tragic has happened. I have officially run out of clothes.
Some people reading this will think that an impossible thing, but honestly, I have! I have at least four weddings in the next six months to go to and I can't be pictured in the same dress. I have come to learn this kind of thing is unavoidable when you're around my age, everyone seems to be getting hitched. I suppose you could look at it as a way of supporting the economy (which I am - so I intend to support it very very well!)
In any case, I need something quick (but still awesome) to chow down before dashing off in pursuit of the perfect dress. I have found many dresses (shoes, bags, jeans, tops and jackets - but that's getting away from the point) in my search. I have never been one to turn down a shopping quest, so off I go again today, but not without a serving of Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Spinach. Yum!
2 ramekins
2 large eggs
1 small tomato
1 small handful of spinach, well washed and patted dry
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 350degrees F.
Spray both ramekins with cooking spray.
Slice tomato and place one slice at the bottom of each ramekin.
Curl a few leaves of spinach into each cup, crack an egg over top and place both ramekins on a cookie sheet - it's way easier to grab them this way.
Salt and pepper to taste and stick in the oven for about 5 mins, or until eggs set up to your liking.
The spinach in this recipe can be replaced with thinly sliced ham or turkey if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...