Monday, May 16, 2011

Marry Me - Mac & Cheese




















While I must state that is not the intent of the dish - it may end up being the result of it.
I've been making this feel-good dinner for years, and I never get tired of it. It's a staple in my family, I hope your family enjoys it as well.
3 cups pasta (whatever noodle you would like to use - I love mini shells for this, they hold the cheese sauce the best!)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk - skim doesn't work as well, use 1% or higher
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (lite doesn't work too well)
1 heaping spoonful of CheeseWhiz (lite works here though)
1 large tomato, diced

Add pasta to heavily salted boiling water, cook for 7 - 10 mins - follow package.
Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan, whisk in flour. Add milk, whisk until heated.
Add cheddar, stir until melted.
Add CheeseWhiz, stir until well blended.
Add tomatoes.
Drain pasta, add to cheese. Stir in.
Serve with fresh pepper.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amaaaaaazing. I'm going to make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...