Friday, May 13, 2011

How to Appear Domestically Talented - Tandoori Chicken

I love dinner recipes that sound, smell and taste like I've slaved away all night in the kitchen, when really, I've thrown it together in seconds, tossed it in the oven and watched reruns of Sex and the City while painting my nails instead. Seriously, nothing makes me feel more domestically talented.
Which is likely why I'm so obsessed with making Tandoori Chicken.

This meal couldn't be any easier or better. And it's all thanks to Silk Road Spice Company. A Calgary, AB based business dedicated to supplying fresh and fabulous spices and spice blends (they ship too!!). I pulled this off their website, I make at least twice a month!



All you are doing is making a marinade. Serve with rice and veggies. You're guest will be in awe.

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast, scored deeply
1 lime (optional)

Place chicken in a 9x11 baking dish. Squeeze lime juice over.
Mix first 4 ingredients together, pour over chicken.
Marinate overnight for best results.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook chicken for 45 mins.
You can also grill if desired, but this takes more effort, and leaves less time to do nails, so I always opt for baking.
Delish!

** Note: Silk Road's spices are Gluten Free (except for the candied fennel seeds and Asafoetida Spice) so this recipe as it stands here is Celiac Friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...