Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chop Chop - Rosemary Mint Lamb





















I have come to realize I have a very different definition of comfort food then the average person.
Don't get me wrong, there are days when all I can think of is my fabulous Mac&Cheese, but usually, when the weather is less when wonderful, I really just want something wondrous.

Something like steamed mussels in white wine, Italian sausage risotto, Slightly Spicy Salmon, or lamb chops with rosemary and mint.
I love this meal, it's easy to make for one person, which I seem to be a lot these days, but it also impresses a crowd quite well too. This can be made in the oven, or in a skillet on the stove top.

Rub lamb chops (I usually make two per person) with a blend of ground rosemary and mint, sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. (I use Silk Road's Rosemary-Mint Lamb Rub, but creating your own, which I have done in a pinch, works well too). Place chops in either a baking dish or skillet on top of a dollop of butter. place a small amount of butter on top. bake at 375degrees F for about 12 mins, depending on how well done you prefer. If using a skillet, sear each side for a minute on high heat before turning down to medium heat. Cook for about 15 mins, turning a few times.

These are great on their own, but if you like, add a little mint jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...