Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello Lurkers!

I know you're out there.
It's okay.
You can leave a comment.
I'd really like it if you did! 
I de-lurked myself last year on all the blogs I was following. It felt good. Just sayin'. 

Does anyone have any resolutions they would like to share? 
I must admit, I've never liked the idea of resolutions. Maybe it's because most people make them in full knowledge that they will be breaking them within eight or so weeks. The average life span of a New Years Resolution seems to shorter the older you get, have you ever noticed? 

So, starting a few years ago, I created a list of directives. Call them Guidelines for a Happier Existence, if you will. Most aren't particularly groundbreaking, or even very original. And the majority could be found decorating random inspiration boards on Pinterest.

In any case, this is what I do. 

Today, I was able to check one thing off my 2013 Directive list. #41, to be exact.  

Do Something Creative.  

And I did. I cut my own hair. And, I'm shocked too, it actually turned out really well. My hair is super curly and unruly on a good day, so I went on with the expectation that I really couldn't mess it up too bad. And I didn't! You have my permission to be impressed.

As a side note, I'm also totally stoked for the end of the month when I can check #11 off my list as well. Learn a New Language. I'm taking an American Sign Language class. I'm so excited!! 

Til Later, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...