Thursday, January 3, 2013

D-Lightful Dinner - Roasted Chicken

























Dinner last night = resounding success!
I have decided that this year that I am going to cook a turkey.
So, in the effort to become more "poultry proficient", I will be roasting my fair share of birds over the next few months. 
In any case, this little guy turned out perfect.



Roast at 400 degrees F for just under two hours. I used a cake cooling rack on the botton of my roaster to even out the heat a bit more and the bird came out perfectly. Not soggy or fatty at all.
I didn't get too creative with the seasoning. I had planned on BBQing him, but seeing as it was snowing and sad out, I decided against it. So, with a simple stuffing of one lemon cut in half, and a handful of fresh rosemary, I salted the outside generously to crisp up the skin and drizzled a small amount of olive oil over the bird before I placed the roaster's lid on and popped it in the oven.

After about an hour and 45 minutes, take the lid off and allow the bird to brown.

I served with roasted baby red potatoes and wilted spinach.

Yum!

Although, I need to find something to make with the leftover chicken. It's rather a lot for one person...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...