Monday, July 25, 2011

Never Say Never - Seared Scallops with Pink Grapefuit



















"I will never eat grapefruit" These words have crossed my lips more times then I care to count. I hate the stuff, it's sour and tart. Why would anyone want to eat that, especially when you can eat so many other wonderful things. People have tried to convince me that I should give it another go. What can I say, I'm a willful soul. Plus, I hate the stuff - right?
Wrong.
I made this tonight and I have reevaluated my opinion.



6 large scallops per person
1/2 pink grape fruit, cut into think slices, sections separated.
1 Tablespoon butter
White wine
salt and pepper to taste
spring greens


Heat fry pan over med-high heat. Add the butter, allowing it to melt. Add the grapefruit and scallops and a splash of white wine. Sear each side for 2 - 3 mins. take off heat and quickly transfer the scallops to a bed of greens, topping each with a dollop of the grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...