Monday, July 25, 2011

Better with Booze - Kahlua Cupcakes



















The statement stands for itself. Everything is better with booze. Beer sausage, whiskey BBQ sauce, muscles in white wine reduction, coffee with Baileys. This isn`t limited to food either. in most cases, booze makes everything a little bit better. Parties, first dates, Saturday mornings, sex.

I digress.

My point is, when I was looking for something a bit more jazzy then your typical chocolate butter cream icing (which is still awesome, I`m not knocking it) I turned to booze. More specifically, I turned to Kahlua.

6 Tablespoons melted butter
about 4 cups of icing sugar, add more if needed.
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
5 Tablespoons Kahlua
3 Tablespoons hot coffee

In large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar. It will form lumps, that`s totally okay.
Add cocoa powder, Kahlua and hot coffee. Beat until smooth.

This makes enough for icing 2 dozen cupcakes, or 1 slab cake. That is, of course, provided you dont eat half of it out of the bowl first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...