Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How Old is That Sock? - Lamb Chops with Mint Yogurt



















Does anyone else love that episode of Friends?
Too funny. 
Anywho - I found this easy little dish today at work. It's awesome, not only in taste, but I had all the ingredients already at home! Perfect non-planning on my part.
Enter my new rule, always have plain yogurt in the fridge, it comes in so handy so often! Make this for a casual dinner, trust me, your guests will gush and think you slaved away all day. And while we both know you were actually watching Friends, I wouldn't dream of ratting on you. Enjoy!


1/2 cup  mint leaves (fresh mint leaves finely chopped) 
1/2 cup  plain yogurt 
1/2  teaspoon minced garlic 
1/2 tsp  lemon juice
4  lamb chops 
1 tbsp  olive oil 

Stir together mint, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper to taste. You can make this ahead of time as store in the fridge. Cover tightly, it makes the mint flavour come out even more.
Pat both sides of the lamb chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a heavy fry pan over med-high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté chops, turning once, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. (People keep telling me that you only need 4 mins per side, but I never find that enough time for me, so feel free experiment)
Serve topped with yogurt-mint sauce and garnished - if desired - with a lemon slice.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...