Monday, May 21, 2012

Always on the Move - Homemade Granola Squares



















You know what sucks? Not going to Costco. I mean - where else are you supposed to get granola bars (and don't you dare say Safeway!)? Well, I'm so glad you asked! 
I stumbled across this healthy alternative a few days ago, and YUM!
Careful though, they are addictive... Srsly - I had to go to for a run to get away from them. A very long run.
4 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds (If you want - I put these in everything these days...)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (I used honey roasted and O.M.G.)
3/4 cup peanut butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
add ins: chocolate chips, dried fruit (I love dried cranberries and raisins!), nuts, seeds, shaved unsweetened coconut, really anything you can find!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. These are also great non-bake, but they don't take long plus the peanut butter and chocolate chips are WAY better melted.
In a large bowl, combine everything except peanut butter and honey. Mix well. Add honey and melted peanut butter - it's okay, you can add more if you like - I always do!
Mix together, don't be afraid to use your hands, until well moistened. Bake for 25 mins. (If doing non-bake, just pop them in the freezer for about an hour.
Cut into square while still hot from the oven. MMM! So good!
** on a side note - these can be Gluten Free - just please make sure you buy clean oats. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these bars. I add molasses and bake them. I haven't bought GF granola bars since I started making these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...